I love playoff overtime. The overtime games tend to end either very quickly or go on and on.... As long as I don't have to get up for work the next morning, I will stick it out to the bitter end.
Here are a few things that I will be watching for during the first round (I refuse to call them "the conference quarter finals"):
- Which of the goalies that are in the playoffs for the first time will shine? Jimmie Howard? Bryzgalov? Quick? Rask? Halak? Niemi? Wow. That's a lot of teams that are relying on untested goaltenders.
- Upsets. The first round always seems to give us an upset.
- San Jose. Can the Sharks make it out of the first round?
- Officiating. Which games will be decided by a crucial call or non-call?
- Who will step up and who will disappear? The playoffs usually give us an unlikely hero as well as some disappointing performances by "stars"?