Saturday, September 10, 2011

2011-2012 Hockey

I start playing hockey again this week.

Moosejaw will be playing on Monday nights, this year. The league has four teams and five goalies. They have a goalie schedule and rotation. I will not play every week. I will also play for each of the other teams, once. It will be confusing. We're playing at the Arctic Pond. We played there once before in a different league.

Here is the schedule:

http://www.allprosoftware.net/ARCTIC_45_TEAM/ls96.htm

I begin playing with the Wednesday drop-in group this week. I've played with this group of guys for many years. For a while, most of the best players would end up on one team. They beat me like a rented mule. I finally got fed up and played against them every week. When you are the first goalie on the ice, you get to pick the goal that you will play in. I got to the point where I was beating them regularly, and they asked why I never played for them. I told them that I wanted to face the tougher shots.

Last year, they started drafting teams each night, so I never knew who would be shooting at me.

It will be good to be back on the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment