Saturday, May 28, 2011

2011 Stanley Cup Finals

The Boston Bruins play the Vancouver Canucks for the Stanley Cup!

I did not expect the Canucks to make the finals, but Roberto Luongo finally started to play some good games in goal, and here they are. In my Stanley Cup preview, I thought that either the Bruins or the Lightning would be the Eastern Conference's representatives, so I got that right.

The schedule starts off kind of odd this year. Game 1 is on Wednesday, June 1 and Game two is not until Saturday. Those games are in Vancouver. I don't understand the extra day off, but it is probably to keep NBC happy. The teams then fly to Boston for Games 3 and 4. The series will settle down to the normal "every other day" schedule that makes the NHL playoffs much more watchable than the NBA playoffs. All games start at 8pm eastern, even those in Vancouver.

If the series goes to six or seven games, I will be on the road and will acutally be on a flight back to Detroit during Game 7. If it comes to that, I will have to figure out some way to watch the game from the plane.

I expect a close series. There is really not too much that separates the two teams. Vancouver has more offensive weapons. The defenses are pretty even. I give the Bruins the edge on goal, simply because I trust Tim Thomas more than I trust Roberto Luongo in goal.

I am looking forward to another fine series!

1 comment:

  1. I'm beginning to think Luongo has a twin brother. His twin plays goalie in the Never Ever league. Sometimes Roberto shows up. Sometimes, it's his twin.

    ReplyDelete